Flagship Trade Net is a global leading service provider to the shipping industry. We empower the international trade community through our applications for filing cargo documents with the U.S and Canada Customs for Import and Exports, and Cargo Management i.e., Cargo Booking, and Documentation.
Flagship Trade Net was founded in 1986, built upon our SHIPS Management system developed in the UK, and invented solutions for paperless trade.
The company is today a global operation with offices in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Michigan, North Carolina, and Norway. All our applications are cloud-based and can be accessed through any device with an internet connection.
Are you in the beginning of your career – check this out!
Computer Operations Cloud Specialist – Full time / Part time / Consultant
At Flagship Trade Net, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Flagship employee. Flagship values your skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
The Individual will be aware of and monitor others in all phases of Security awareness. This entails safeguarding classified hardware, media, and Network (LAN and WAN). Will support the customers and our team members whenever it is necessary. Support development staff in testing. Must have the flexibility/ availability to work various hours and accommodate weekend overtime, when needed. Must be able to pass security clearance.
When applying please identify " Required Skills " and " Preferred Skills" for this position. Recruiters will use these skills to prepare search criteria when sourcing resumes. Required qualifications are those that the candidate must absolutely possess in order to be selected for the position, and Preferred Skills are those skills that would set a candidate apart from the others.
- Knowledge of various computer systems including Microsoft Office and various database systems.
- Be able to work during the day, evening, or weekends when necessary.
- Demonstrates interest to improve and further develop your skills and job knowledge.
- Installation and configuration support the organization’s Windows based server infrastructure
- Maintenance to provide continuous network availability and security
- Manage, support and ensure operating viability of LAN and WAN both wired and wireless
- Coordinate network operations, maintenance, repairs, or upgrades
- Develop and maintain a Disaster Recovery Plan for networks and systems
- Windows Servers installations and maintenance (updates, backups, etc.)
- PC installations, configurations, and maintenance
- Work with a diverse group of staff members. Must be prompt and reliable.
- Must be a team player with a positive effect on the work group.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to interact positively with internal- and external customers.
- Must be a quick learner capable of absorbing technical material and operations information.
- Production Center knowledge or familiarity.
- Ability Respond to and resolve work orders
- Perform configuration management functions, such as ensure inventory is up to date
- Maintain communications (MQ, VPN, FTP)
- Knowledge/familiarity of Meraki/Cisco firewall/network hardware/configurations
- Experience with Amazon Web Services – Cloud Servers
High School diploma, or equivalent experience/combined education, with additional specialized technical training equivalent to a technical Associate degree and/or demonstrated ability to perform assigned technical/para-engineering tasks and 1 Year of experience.
Flagship Trade Net is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Flagship Trade Net, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision.